6 Indian Sneaker Customizers You Need To Know
1. CHE : Che is the brainchild of artist Chaitanya Dixit, who has designed for the likes of Ranbir Kapoor. The artist has collaborated with brands like Puma and Reebok on several occasions. His works are varied with respect to both style and budget. Starting at INR 3,000 and going up to approximately INR 9,000 depending on the complexity of the design.
2. Sneakaboo : Sneakboo is an independent brand based in Noida. They specialise in customising accessories like handbags wallets, belts and shoes. One can choose from the 80 to 90 designs that they have to offer or customize their own pair. The sneakers are hand painted with waterproof paint making it perfect for the tropical climate of the country. The shoes are priced at INR 1,500 and up.
3. Mana Custom Art : The brand was founded by Mana Santhanam, an artist known for her unconventional and imaginative approach. These unique pairs are detailed and reflective of the nuanced technique used to create these one-of-a-kind creations. One just needs to give her enough information to work with for her to create the pair of your dreams. Also, if you cannot narrow down on what is it that you want, all you need to do is trust Santhanam to work her magic that never disappoints.
You can contact Santhanam through her Facebook page.
4. Lazy Jojo : Lazy Jojo is an online store that makes sure your shoes are as close to who you are. For those who don’t already have a pair on them, they have got you covered. You just need to select a pair of Converse on their website and you will be directed to thier customisation page, which allows you to add text in any font and upload your own design. All of this is available to you at the price of INR 1,999 only. There is no shipping fee for the same.
Get yourself a pair here.
5. Mel’s Make : The brand is owned by Melroy Pamak, a Mumbai based graffiti artist who is showing Indians how social media can be used to turn hobbies into a full fledged business. He customises bags, shoes and other accessories.
6. Shoes Your Daddy: Shoes Your Daddy is a brand owned by Sugandha Tyagi, an artist based in New Delhi. Her work is making the rounds on social media for its eccentric designs and precise detailing. She designs and customises shoes, jackets and barstools. Each of the pairs made by her are hand-painted with waterproof making the designs extremely durable. Her shoes are priced at INR 2,500 to 3,000 depending on the design you pick. You can get yourself a pair with minimal or no shipping cost.
Bag yourself a pair by sending her a DM on her Instagram page.