Assistant Merchandiser – Footwear, Shoppers Stop
Date of Posting: 21-09-2018
Job Description :
- To contribute to the development of the divisional Buying and Merchandising strategy and to work within this strategy at all times.
- To contribute to the development of option plans and to maintain the library of option sales trends.
- By liaison with, and through influencing suppliers, to progress the availability of product in line with agreed dates and to ensure that contracted intake is re-phased in line with changes to requirements.
- To monitor weekly sales, stock and intake for each individual option within a department and to ensure that future projections are realistic and in line with stock availability.
- To ensure that agreed re-buys and cancellations are actioned and to make the appropriate changes to the stock file.
- To work with the Assistant Buyer to track progress against the agreed critical path for each option.
- Ensure that option level breaking stocks meet plan, and sales are maximised, by pro-actively making fully researched recommendations to the merchandiser and buyer in terms of proposed cancellation, re-buy and re-pricing activity.
- To ensure that the SKU stock of each option matches its selling ratio and size balancing takes place for repeat buys and flow lines.
- Produce a regular report of Supplier availability performance, including details of action taken to date, and to suggest ways of improving poor performers.
- To ensure that the merchandiser is promptly informed of all issues concerning departmental performance.
- To assist the merchandiser in the preparation of all performance analysis.
- To act as the deputy to the merchandiser in their absence wherever appropriate.
- To understand the interests of both internal and external customers at all times and to act in their interests at all times.
- As a key member of the team to contribute to, and fully participate in, all regular reviews and presentations.
- To contribute to the development of merchandising processes and best practices.
- To ensure that the agreed personal development plans is achieved.
- To execute price changes and to raise contracts and purchase orders as necessary.
Location: Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Skills Required: Analytical skills, Numerical reasoning, Effective presentation skills, Sound financial perspective.
Education/Qualification: MBA-Marketing, NIFT (GMT/FD/Textile D&D), Pearl academy (IFTP)
Years Of Exp: 1 to 3 Year