Deputy Merchandiser-Sports & Footwear
Date of posting: 27-01-2021
Deputy Merchandiser is responsible for managing the stock and intake of each option within a department throughout its life, ensuring that availability is maintained at all times and in accordance with the assortment plan and to execute agreed actions to maximize the sales and profitability of each option at minimum risk. Key deliverables for the position are as following:
- To contribute to the development of the divisional Buying and Merchandising strategy and to work within this strategy at all times.
- To contribute to the development of option plans and to maintain the library of option sales trends.
- By liaison with, and through influencing suppliers, to progress the availability of product in line with agreed dates and to ensure that contracted intake is re-phased in line with changes to requirements.
- To monitor weekly sales, stock and intake for each individual option within a department and to ensure that future projections are realistic and in line with stock availability.
- Ensure that option level breaking stocks meet plan, and sales are maximized, by pro-actively making fully researched recommendations to the merchandiser and buyer in terms of proposed cancellation, re-buy and re-pricing activity.
- To ensure the SKU stock of each option matches its selling ratio and size balancing takes place for repeat buys and flow lines
- To execute price changes and to raise contracts and purchase orders as necessary
- In case of new store stock planning, responsible for stock transfer ensuring correct option availability as per the planning
- To assist the merchandiser in the preparation of all performance analysis, participate in all regular reviews and presentations, and contribute to the development of merchandising processes and practices
Location: Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Education/Qualification: Graduate/Diploma in apparel merchandising, MBA-Marketing, NIFT( Graduation), Pearl academy (IFTP)
Years Of Exp: 3 to 6 Years
Posted On: 27-Jan-2021