Director Manufacturing FW : Chennai
Director Manufacturing FW, Chennai
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
* Fully accountable for quality, production, manufacturing efficiency targets and SEA of the designated groups of factories/Operations Centers.Key Responsibilities:
* Lead multiple production teams of the designated groups of factories/Operations Centers in managing the production process, quality, production planning, Manufacturing Excellence, SEA and adidas Group standards implementation.
* Make day to day and long term impactful decisions within the defined production, quality, availability and ME / SEA scope.
* Set and influence tactical and operational direction for production and related supply chain (T2/T3) area.
* Give major input to issuing directives in production and related area.
* Manage tactical and operational relationship with the factory production top management across different supplier groups, influence different quality cultures and mindsets through process streamlining using CI techniques and quality tools.
* Works directly with the Factory GM in term of factory production personnel skills evaluation and through SOM provide facts/business cases to get the Factory GM/Owner to invest into various productions mfg machineries.
* With support from SOM, ensure best practices, cohesive messages, projects are shared or implemented consistently across factories in the area of quality, production and ME.
* Act as LO Shoes Master responsible for coaching, training/teaching and continuously upgrading technical, shoes manufacturing expertise and decision making capability of the Production personnel of the designated groups of factories/Operations Centers.
* Director Sourcing Footwear, Director Mfg Excellence Footwear, Footwear Quality
* Factory GMs , Factory Heads of Production, Factory Heads of QIP
* 3rd party / external auditing firms (Quality, Lab, SEA, Sustainability, Security, etc…) – as lead
* Tier 2 material suppliers-as lead
* Sr Development/Comm Manager.
* Other GOPS functions (Brand Operations, Quality, Costing, Planning, SEA, Materials, etc…)Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proven management experience incl leading, developing and motivating and building effective team within a function/department. Managing team remotely
* Experience in coaching and mentoring people and succession management.
* Have proven depth and breadth of experience in production and quality area which can be called up on to co-lead or support regional or global projects related to his/her area of expertise.
* Can independently lead LO based projects within defined scope of production.
* Excellent written and verbal English communication.
* Chinese, Indonesia or Vietnamese local language an advantage.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
* University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering.
* 10+ years shoes making or quality experience in Footwear industry.
* Experience on production and quality or product development/commercialization.
* Proven manufacturing expert / shoes master.
* 4-5 years combined experience in at least 2 functions/area: production, development/commercialization or general Operation Center Management
Apply from https://jobs.adidas-group.com